Monday, April 11, 2016

Six More Mondays

See, I told you I like to countdown to things.  Now we are in the final countdown to summer break.  Which for teachers is our own slice of heaven.  I have 2 more purchase orders to use and I attempted to use them Sunday afternoon.  I had all my stuff picked out at Office Depot but we hit that dang snag of no credit card.  This time it wasn't my fault.  I did ask and was told there isn't a credit card and one wasn't needed.  I was so bummed because this week is buy one get one half off on ink.  And man let me tell you I use some ink. I also had 3 packs of the most gorgeous color paper.  I also use lots of color paper.  I hope Central Office gets this figured out.
Since I couldn't use my PO at Office Depot, I had to wait to use my Walmart PO.  Bummer.
But I did buy our weekly groceries.  It is so hard not to get in a rut and cook the same thing every night and every week.  I had a brief inspiration in the grocery store yesterday and we had shish kabobs for supper.  I bought chicken tenders, mushrooms and red and orange bell peppers.  I had onions and squash at home.  They looked so pretty.
Once I coated the veggies in olive oil and pepper then I skewered everything and then brushed Olive Garden Italian Dressing over them.
Paul grilled them and they were perfectly.  I mean yum yum!!
 We had enough so both of us could have it for lunch today. I also bought some small packages of fresh fruit and a bag of butter lettuce salad.  Man, it was all I could do to wait for lunch time.   Last night Paul asked if I could make a blueberry cobbler with the plethora of  blueberries in our freezer.  How can I say no?  So tonight it's spaghetti and cobbler for dessert.  But first I have to work late.  This week is progress report week and I have a workshop on Thursday, so I need to catch up or get ahead one.
Until next time,
love ya,

0 comments:

Post a Comment