Friday, April 15, 2016

Weekend Getaway

Hello Louisiana!  Paul and I made a trip down to St. Francisiville today. We are super pumped to just get away for a few days. I think it's really going to recharge our batteries, especially me as I head into the last long stretch of the school year. Six weeks folks.
When we left Vicksburg it was raining, I told Paul I bet we drive out of it soon. He said we were driving into it! Ugh. Somewhere down 61 South, the rain stopped and it started to clear up. We ate lunch at Mammy's Cupboard in Natchez.  If you've never eaten here you need to put it on your bucket list!  Paul had the special Chicken Pot Pie and I had Chicken salad, it came with veggie soup. Yum!

The rest of the trip was uneventful.
We pulled into St. Francisiville about 1:30 and had some time to kill until we could check into our B&B. So we just puddled in the cute shops downtown.

We checked into the Barrow House and were shown to our room.  Yes I know they spelled my name wrong.  It's not the first time and I am pretty sure it won't be the last time.  I'll get over it.

and relaxed some on the porch and then took a walk to the Grace Cemetery.
Our hostess, Shirley said people are just dying to go there. Ba da bum. Ha! We are now waiting until a decent hour to go eat at the Magnolia Cafe.
They have live music and great food. Gator bites are calling my name!

Until next time.
Love ya,

0 comments:

Post a Comment