Sunday, April 3, 2016

It's a Great Day

Two sunny days in a row. Wow. Loving this weather. This morning we decided to try out our new shoes and take a walk. 
We walked around the neighborhood. It felt good to get outside. Since I didn't eat chicken salad yesterday that was on my mind. So I got busy cooking the chicken breasts. I chopped all the celery and apples. I wish I had taken a picture of our lunch plates. Some days I really miss my momma, but today while I was making the chicken salad, which tastes so much like her chicken salad, I really felt like she was with me. I put the salad on beds of lettuce and celery sticks with pimento cheese and thin slices of oranges. It was so pretty and tasty too. 
Paul hung up my front porch ferns
and I touched up the black hanging baskets for the asparagus ferns with some fresh paint. As I was coming back into the house a hummingbird almost flew into me.  So I mixed up some sugar water and filled the feeder up.
About an hour later. He found it! 
Paul tuned up the lawn mowers and then mowed the yard. It looks so pretty and fresh. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this man? He is the best. 
While Paul mowed I ran to the store and picked up so steaks for supper. Paul grills the best steaks. 
I also made a pan of lemon squares.  I have been wanting to make some for a few weeks and even bought some Meyer  lemons just so I could make lemon squares. What a great sweet ending to our day. 
Until next time,
 love ya,

0 comments:

Post a Comment