Friday, April 22, 2016

A Different Type of Countdown...

Today marks my last 2 months to be in my 50's.  Yep the big 60 is coming up soon.  Yikes.  I remember 25 years ago when I started back teaching I thought I will turn 60 the same year I can retire.  At that time it seemed like a really old age, but now hey 60 is the new 40 right??
I've been trying to cook fresh meals lately. So Paul asked for spaghetti one night this week and he asked if I could make a blueberry cobbler. So Monday night I made homemade spaghetti sauce and pasta and a blueberry cobbler.
I packed up the left overs for our Tuesday lunches. One of Paul's co workers commented that "somebody must love you to make you a cobbler". I was so flattered I had to work late on Tuesday so we ate supper at Cracker Barrel. When we got home I mixed up another cobbler just for his office group. 
Here are a few pictures of the process.
3 cups blueberries, 2 Tablespoons of sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
Cream 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar, add 1 egg, and vanilla extract.  Stir in flour and baking powder. 
Then drop in small spoonfuls over the top of the blueberries.  YUM!
I forgot to take a picture when it came out of the oven but here is the pan after they finished.
All gone. 
Glad they enjoyed it. 
Until next time. 
Love ya,

0 comments:

Post a Comment