Friday, April 1, 2016

Pizza Delivery Compliment

Good morning,  it was so great to wake up and see clear skies and that sunshine is predicted all day today and tomorrow!! Yesterday as I left school it was beginning to sprinkle small rain drops on my windshield.  As I pulled in the driving it had increased some and by the time I was settled on the couch it was coming down hard.  Like cats and dogs hard.  The sky had a funny green tint.  We had talked about going out to eat and as we were weighing our options I mentioned we might just want to stay home and order a pizza.  So we did just that.  I was getting hungry and started peering out the door for a sign of the delivery guy.  Well he showed up and I asked him to come in out of the nasty weather so I could sign the receipt.  He looked at me and then back at the receipt and exclaimed "Mrs. Different, you were my teacher"  which was followed by a lengthy which school and when and then to top it off he said "you look just the same".  Well folks it's been 12 years since I taught this young man and I took that as a great compliment.  So we ate pizza and watched TV and then it was bath and bed time for us.
On a sad note, I am making plans to attend my cousin's funeral on Saturday. She was almost 10 years older than me.  Sweet soul.  Heaven must really be getting full.
Until next time, love ya,

0 comments:

Post a Comment