Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vacation Day Seven - Heading home down the Blue Ridge Parkway

Sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean

What a wonderful way to end our vacation. We got up early to pack up and hit the road. I looked out and saw this beautiful sunrise. I told Paul I wish I had gotten up early some of the mornings to see this beautiful sight. Paul told me the whole point of a vacation was to sleep late! oh well. We headed out toward Stuart, Va where we entered the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was so foggy for about an hour we couldn't see the scenery.
We pulled into a Parkway attraction and the fog seemed to lift. We got out several times for pictures and were so surprised how cool it was. The truck said 67 at 2:00 in the afternoon. Nice change from the 100+ temps we had back home.


0 comments:

Post a Comment