Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rainbows, Sunshine and a Broken Microwave

I love Harry and David pepper & onion relish and recently I found a recipe to make it at home. I decided Sat. would be a good day to see if it is like H&D's. I cut and chopped and had the best time. I had learned the correct way to use a knife at USC Summer Institute and really put those skills to work. Anyway I am just getting the relish on to cook for an hour and decide to heat up some leftovers for supper. I thought I heard a zzzt sound from the microwave but with so much going on I didn't pay much attention to it. I served up our plates and noticed the food wasn't as hot as Paul likes it so back it goes in the microwave. I checked on it just a minute later and smoked poured out of the microwave. Guess I know what that zzzt sound meant. I rushed to open doors, windows, get fans anything to keep the smoke alarm from going off. I hate that sound!! While we were rushing around Paul happened to notice a beautiful double rainbow. So in the middle of all the confusion, I grabbed my camera to take pictures. Guess this was God's way sending me a reminder to calm down eveything would be okay. Message received. Thank you God. I tried to get a picture from the front of the house showing the our house at the end of the rainbow but it didn't turn out. You may notice the front door is open to air out the house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment